One of my all time breakfast faves is a huge stack of fluffy American pancakes drizzled with heaps of warm maple syrup. A good American pancake is hard to find in London so I usually make them myself at home as they are so easy to make and it takes less than 10 minutes!
Here is a great American style pancakes recipe so you can whip them up yourself for breakfast or as a treat for dessert. I found this yummy recipe on the BakingMad.com website which is full of recipes for cakes, cookies, breads, pancakes and more and is fantastic for getting recipe ideas!
- Plain white flour (225g)
- Baking powder (4tsp)
- Golden caster sugar (2tsp)
- Salt (1tsp)
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- Milk (300ml)
- Butter (50g)
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and milk. Whisk to a smooth battter and ideally leave for 30 minutes.
- Lightly grease a pan with butter and spoon the mixture onto the hot pan. Cook on each side for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining batter. Use the remaining butter inbetween to re-grease the pan.
- Enjoy drizzled with syrup or stack and serve with fresh fruits.
TIP: Sometimes I add thinly sliced bananas to the pancake mixture for banana pancakes or blueberries for blueberry pancakes. Or you could try using grated orange peel and orange cooking essence for orange pancakes.
If you liked this post, buy me a latte :-)