A key search engine optimization technique is to generate as many backlinks as you can to your website. Links to your website are the single most important factor in search engine ranking. If you have a lot of backlinks, then search engines will think that your blog is important since other websites are linking to you so it will therefore rank you higher. However the type of link is an important factor. An ideal link should:
- come from a relevant website (ones that are similar to yours and have the same keywords)
- come from a website with a high page rank
- come from a page that links to few other websites
- include your keyword as part of the link text
- include varying link text (not the same link text each time)
Getting a link which includes all the above points can be difficult but as long as you have most of them then a search engine will see your site as being credible and this should help your page rank!
If you liked this post, buy me a latte :-)