Tesco have just released the following press release to announce that they are now giving clubcard holders 500 clubcard points if they buy car or home insurance using their comparison website which compares the major car and home insurance providers in the UK. Great way to get some extra points if you need to buy insurance as well as to find the best quote!
Tesco Compare is offering 500 Clubcard points to all Clubcard holders who buy a car or home insurance policy through http://www.tescocompare.com.
The comparison website searches and compares over 65 leading brands of car insurance and over 25 of home insurance to help customers choose the right deal.
It is the only comparison site to offer its customers loyalty points, giving them that little bit extra when buying a car or home policy through Tesco Compare.
Commercial Director, Vikki Macleod, said: “Our Clubcard offer is our way of saying thank you to Clubcard customers. In the current economic climate it has never been more important for customers to search for competitive car or home insurance quotes. With this offer there is now the chance to collect 500 points as a welcome bonus.”
How does it work?
The offer couldn’t be simpler. Customers visit the Tesco Compare website, enter their Clubcard number when getting a car or home insurance quote, and the 500 points will then be awarded after the policy is purchased.
Vikki Macleod added: “Our intention is for Tesco Compare to be the comparison site of choice for Tesco customers. We believe the offer is a great way for people to pick up a little something extra when shopping around for a car or home insurance deal.”
Alongside launching the offer, Tesco Compare is focused on helping customers to search for deals so they could save money. In addition to comparing by price, customers can also compare car and home insurance quotes by features and benefits according to what is most important to them.
Tesco Compare’s services don’t stop there: It can also introduce people to comparison services for products including Money, Utilities and Telecoms, and a wider range of insurance products.
For media enquiries please contact:
Monica McCormack, Tesco Bank on: 0131 479 1346 or monica.mccormack(at)tescobank(dot)com
Notes to editors:
Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited (trading as Tesco Compare) is part of the Tesco Personal Finance Group Limited, the financial services arm of the UK’s number one supermarket chain, which is fully owned by the Tesco Group. Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited, registered in Scotland No.318925. Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
The Financial Services Authority does not regulate loans, credit cards, telecoms or utilities.
Terms and Conditions of 500 Clubcard Points Offer for Car and Home Insurance.
The Clubcard must be in the policyholder’s name and the Clubcard number must be entered correctly when completing the details on tescocompare.com. Failure to do so will mean the points will not be allocated to the Clubcard holder’s statement. Tesco Compare will notify the policyholder via email when the Clubcard points have been awarded. Please be aware that from purchasing insurance to points being awarded could take up to eight weeks. If the policy is cancelled within two weeks of purchase then no Clubcard points will be awarded. Tesco Compare reserves the right to amend, vary or cancel these terms and conditions or to withdraw this promotion at any time.
- Tesco Compare is a comparison site, based in the UK. Since our launch in 2007, our business activities have extended to facilitate the introduction of a wide range of comparison services.
- Our own principal comparison services are for car and home insurance to which we compare over 65 and 25 providers respectively.
- Products compared by third party suppliers include: Money (credit cards, loans, mortgages, current accounts and savings accounts). Insurance (business, life, van, motorbike, travel and health). Utilities (broadband, mobile broadband, home phone, digital TV and gas & electricity). We also provide customers with links to pet and breakdown insurance providers.
- Our aim is to introduce customers to fair prices and deals from a range of leading brands.
- We believe that comparison sites should be about more than just the lowest price so our comprehensive comparison service helps you search and compare a wide range of products and providers by feature as well as price.
If you liked this post, buy me a latte :-)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!